What will my child learn at TPK?
As a staff we are committed to providing…
A loving and nurturing environment, allowing children to develop to the full potential God has planned for them.
- Children will know that they are loved by God, their teachers, and the Preschool staff through the acceptance and encouragement they receive at school.
- The environment and activities will be appropriate to the developmental abilities of the children. Children will be helped to develop appropriate behavior through various means of guidance and discipline such as offering choices within safe and teacher-led parameters. Conscious Discipline is used in the classroom and uses daily conflicts to teach character development, conflict resolution, social skills, and self-control.
A creative, concrete curriculum in which children will learn through play experiences.
- Activities will be presented in a variety of ways so that skills are learned with joy and eagerness.
- Teachers will create hands-on learning experiences that stimulate the children to discover and explore the world.
- Materials will be arranged to allow children to work independently and in small groups. Teachers will encourage the children to use the materials to try out their new ideas and problem solving methods, recognizing this process is more important than the product.
A balance of experiences to help children grow in all areas.
- Activities will be provided to develop cognitive, emotional, social, physical, and spiritual knowledge and skills.
- Daily schedules will have a balance of quiet and active times, structured and unstructured times.
- Thematic units will be varied and involve science, math, language, community helpers, culture, art, music, and history.