We are delighted that you are interested in enrolling your child in our school!
When do I register my child for school?
- In-house families (currently enrolled) register on January 25, 2018 (lottery begins at 9:15 am).
- Alumni families and Truro Anglican Church members register on January 25, 2018 (lottery begins at 1:30 pm).
- New families register on January 30, 2018 (lottery begins at 9:15 am).
My child is already enrolled at TPK. Why do I need to register again?
We receive an updated registration each year for each child. This lets us know what class you want for your child. We are using a short form for re-registration – see the forms page to download it.
What do I need to bring with me when I come to register my child for school?
- New students only: An original birth certificate or passport. Virginia requires us to see an original and record the number; we do not keep a copy.
- Check or cash for the registration fee.
- A completed registration form.
How does your registration lottery work?
You do not need to be present for registration lottery. Please bring your forms to us before the time indicated above.
We conduct registration in three phases. We start with currently enrolled families, then we register alumni families, then we register new families. If we have more registrations than we have spaces, we will conduct a lottery and register students as their numbers are drawn.
What if the class I want fills up?
Very often, we have changes in our enrollment after open registration. We recommend that you register your child for your second choice class, and then have your child’s name added to our wait list, because many times changes occur and spaces come open during the spring.
What happens after I register?
We’ll send you a confirmation email a few days after registration to confirm your child’s enrollment. You will be asked to pay a tuition deposit in April, which will become your last month’s tuition payment and will secure your child’s spot. Over the summer, we will send you a packet of information with all the information you need to start school. We will make class assignments and teacher assignments over the summer as well, and this information will be made available to you before the beginning of school.